Today is a Movement for Movement Monday at Aortic Hope.
👣 Aortic Hope wants you to join the MOVEMENT for MOVEMENT!!!
📲 Hey, you! Yes, you! The one who's been sitting on the couch for the last hour, scrolling through social media and watching cat videos. Don't you think it's time to get up and move your body a little? We know that sometimes doing nothing is actually doing something. We know it's hard to find the motivation to exercise, especially when there are so many other things to do (or not do). But trust us, moving your body is good for you, not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally.
👉 Here are some ways to motivate yourself to move your body, even when you don't feel like it: (*Always consult with your physician first. Whatever he/she has cleared your to do....DO!)
- Dance like no one is watching. Put on your favorite tunes and bust a move in your living room, bedroom, or even bathroom. Who cares if you look silly? You're having fun and burning calories at the same time.
- Play with your pet. If you have a furry friend, chances are they love to run, jump, and chase things. Why not join them? You'll both enjoy some quality time and exercise. Plus, they'll appreciate the attention and affection.
- Challenge a friend. Nothing like a little friendly competition to get you motivated. Find a friend who also wants to move more and challenge them to a race, a game, or a workout. You can do it in person or online. The winner gets bragging rights and the loser has to do something funny or embarrassing.
- Reward yourself. Sometimes, the best way to motivate yourself is to bribe yourself. Set a goal and a reward for yourself, such as moving for 30 minutes a day (doesn't even have to be 30 min in a row!) for a week and then treating yourself to a movie, a massage, or a new outfit. You'll feel proud of your achievement and enjoy your reward.
- Have fun. The most important thing is to find something that you enjoy doing and that makes you happy. It doesn't matter if it's walking, biking, swimming, yoga, or anything else. As long as you're having fun, you're more likely to stick with it and move your body more.
- Be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up if you miss a workout or don't see immediate results. Remember that moving your body is an act of self-care and self-love. You are doing this for yourself, not for anyone else. Be proud of yourself for taking care of your body and your well-being.
So, what are you waiting for? Get up and move your body! You'll feel better, look better, and live better. And don't forget to have fun!
👩⚕️Following your doctor's orders, do whatever he/she has cleared you to do. JUST MOVE!