Aortic Hope's Virtual Support Group Meeting with Special Guest, Dr. Kristin Watson
Wednesday, April 26th at 7pm EST (6pm CST, 5pm MST, 4pm PST), we will be holding a support group online, in a private video conference room.
To join Aortic Hope's Closed Support Group you MUST register ONCE and will be provided an invite for every support group meeting we offer moving forward.
Dr. Kristin Watson is an associate professor at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and a co-founder of the ATRIUM Cardiology Collaborative. Her practice, research and teaching is focused in the area cardiology. She is passionate about educating her patients about their medications and ensuring the they know the reason(s) for each of the agents prescribed. She also strives to ensure that patients understand potential side effects of therapy.
We hold support groups on the last Wednesday of every month at the same time and utilizing Microsoft Teams. Some nights there might be a guest speaker or a live demonstration but every session, we will spend time supporting each other and discussing a variety of topics pertaining to Aortic disease.
We strongly suggest you download Teams for the best experience.
Aortic Hope and the support group facilitators are not medical professionals or therapists and will not provide medical advice of any kind. All participants are encouraged to share their personal experiences or listen to the stories from others.
1. Please be prompt (7pm EST)
2. Learn how to use your device (you want to try to minimize background noise such as music and people)
3. Privacy ( try to pick a location that is private, never share information, this environment is one where you should feel safe and comfortable)
4. No recording (do not record audio or video it the group meetings)
5. We will never post or discuss content that is shared publicly. Your privacy is important to us.
6. This group is about YOU. We welcome all feedback, comments, and suggestions regarding the process, content discussed and guest speakers.