Today is Topic Tuesday at Aortic Hope!
👨⚕️ Courtesy of our collaboration with The Society of Thoracic Surgeons, here are a list of questions you can bring with you to your appointment if you have been diagnosed with a TAA (Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm) or an AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm) however eliminate the question about valve.
📚 We have also included a link to their site which offers a ton of information pertaining to thoracic aneurysms, dissections and more!
❓ Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
1. Will my condition ever get better without treatment? Can it get worse?
2. Will I need surgery?
3. Are there any lifestyle changes I can make to avoid having surgery?
4. What are my options for replacement valves? What kind of valve do you recommend?
5. How often do you perform the procedure you’ve recommended, and what is the success rate?
6. What are the potential side effects of this treatment?
7. Am I a candidate for minimally invasive surgery?
8. Can you walk me through the entire treatment process?
9. How long will I be in the hospital?
10. Will I have any restrictions after treatment? (activity, driving, etc.)
11. How long will I be out of work?
12. Will I have to change my diet and/or lifestyle after treatment?
13. Will I have to take any long-term medications?
14. What will my follow-up care be like?