"You have rights and protections when it comes to medical bills and protection" according to the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
Today is Topic Tuesday at Aortic Hope.
👉 As outlined in the article, here are some steps you can do to help protect yourself:
1. Check your bills for accuracy
2. Protections under the No Surprise Act as of January 2022
3. Financial assistance options
4. Know the limits on debt collectors contacting you
5. Push back on coercive credit reporting
6. Avoid scammers
7. Submit a complaint
For detailed information about each of these steps, check out the article here.