𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚 is a condition that affects millions of people around the world and definitely affects people within our community.
It is the 𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩, 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞, 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. Some of the causes of insomnia include 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲, 𝐏𝐓𝐒, 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬. But don't worry, there are some solutions to this problem. Here are some tips to help you sleep better, with a pinch of humor:
- Avoid using your phone, computer, or TV before bed. They emit blue light that can keep you awake and stimulate your brain. Plus, you might see something scary or annoying that will haunt your dreams.
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. This will help your body clock adjust and make you feel more sleepy at night. Unless you are a vampire, then do the opposite.
- Create a comfortable and dark sleeping environment. Use curtains, blinds, or an eye mask to block out any light. Make sure your mattress, pillow, and bedding are cozy and suitable for your preferences. And don't forget to check under the bed for monsters.
- Relax your mind and body before bed. You can try some breathing exercises, meditation, yoga, or reading a book. Avoid any activities that can cause stress or excitement. Like watching a horror movie, playing a video game, or arguing with your spouse.
- If you still can't sleep, don't force it. Get up and do something boring until you feel sleepy again. Don't check the clock or worry about how much time you have left to sleep. That will only make you more anxious and frustrated. Instead, try counting sheep, listening to soothing music, or reading this paragraph again.
Insomnia can be frustrating and exhausting, but it is not a hopeless situation. With some changes in your lifestyle and habits, you can improve your sleep quality and feel more refreshed and energized in the morning. And if all else fails, there's always coffee.😊