Hey, you! Yes, you. The one who's been sitting on the couch for the last hour, scrolling through social media and watching Netflix. Don't you think it's time to get up and move your body a little bit?
❤️ We know sometimes doing nothing is still doing something and it can be hard to find the motivation to exercise or move, especially when there are so many other things to do (or not do). But trust us and your physician, you'll feel so much better if you just give it a try. Here are some ways to motivate yourself to get up and move your body:
- Set a goal. Whether it's to feel more mobile, create more stamina or to run a 5k, having a clear and realistic goal can help you stay focused and motivated.
- Find a buddy. Moving with a friend can make it more fun and less daunting. You can motivate each other, challenge each other, and celebrate your achievements together. Plus, you'll have someone to hold you accountable and keep you from skipping your workouts.
- Make it fun. Exercise doesn't have to be boring or painful. Find an activity that you enjoy, whether it's dancing, hiking, yoga, or playing a sport.
- Reward yourself. No, not with a pizza or a cake (although those are nice once in a while). Reward yourself with something that makes you happy and supports your goal, like a new outfit, a massage, or a movie night. Treat yourself for reaching milestones and staying consistent.
- Be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up if you miss a day. Rest is important. Remember that you're doing this for yourself, not for anyone else. Focus on the positive aspects of exercise, like how it makes you feel, how it improves your health, and how it boosts your confidence.
🤔So what are you waiting for? Get up and move your body! Do whatever your physician has cleared you to do. You'll thank yourself later. 😊